You are invited to join the authors of: Soils for Landscape Development at a very special Soil Winter Workshop specifically targeted for Victorian conditions.
The presenters include:
, co-author of Soils for Landscape Development: Selection, Specification and Validation, as well as Declean McDonald
, Vic. Urban Horticulture and Agriculture, contributor in: Food Security and Soil Health. Elke Haege
– Landscape architect and consulting arborist – co-author of Soils for Landscape Development.The event will be hosted by AILA and will feature soil scientist Simon Leake discussing soil specifications of Soils for Landscape Development
, Declan McDonald discussing soil manufacturing in Melbourne
and the elements that make a good soil for urban horticultural purposes and Elke Haege discussing Calculating Soil Rooting Volumes for Trees and Soil Design.Topics covered will include:
– Why using Soils for Landscape Development improves the quality and compliance of landscape soils.
– The case study of Sydney’s”Barangaroo”
– Elements that make good soil for urban horticultural purposes
– Understanding the role of landscape architects in specifying soil including for trees in limited spaces
– A demonstration of an online tool that helps calculate soil volumes