13 Jul Soils Winter Workshop
Soils Winter Workshop 14.07.15
You are invited to join the authors of: Soils for Landscape Development at a very special Soil Winter Workshop specifically targeted for Victorian conditions.
Simon Leake, co-author of Soils for Landscape Development: Selection, Specification and Validation, as well as Declean McDonald, Vic. Urban Horticulture and Agriculture, contributor in: Food Security and Soil Health. Elke Haege – Landscape architect and consulting arborist – co-author of Soils for Landscape Development.The event will be hosted by AILA and will feature soil scientist Simon Leake discussing soil specifications of Soils for Landscape Development, Declan McDonald discussing soil manufacturing in Melbourne and the elements that make a good soil for urban horticultural purposes and Elke Haege discussing Calculating Soil Rooting Volumes for Trees and Soil Design.Topics covered will include:
– Why using Soils for Landscape Development improves the quality and compliance of landscape soils.
– The case study of Sydney’s”Barangaroo”
– Elements that make good soil for urban horticultural purposes
– Understanding the role of landscape architects in specifying soil including for trees in limited spaces
– A demonstration of an online tool that helps calculate soil volumes