24 Sep Native Stingless Bees: Native Bee Workshops and talks
Stingless Bees: Native Bee Workshops and talks
The next chat and presentation by me on ‘Native Bees in your Backyard’ is on Tuesday the 8th Dec 2020. at 6pm. It is being hosted through North Sydney Council, and it is an online event. To book a free ticket/register, click here.
If you can’t make it and are keen for more information, I have put a few wonderful links together so you too can get excited and learn a bit more about Australian native stingless bees, native solitary bees, and beneficial plants to plant.
- Plant herbs and let them go to flower to attract pollinators.
Click Here for a list of other beneficial plants for pollinators and to increase productivity of your edible garden.
- Native Stingless bees: Have a look at this short clip of our Native Stingless Bees at Barangaroo.
- Here is a 12 minute video of me showing and explaining the different parts of a Native Stingless Bee Hive (care of: the Randwick Sustainability Hub)
- This beautifully put together video by beekeeper.org with Dr Megan Halcroft about Australian bees.
- Here is a recording of Dr. Tim Heard (entomologist) workshop on Native Bee Hive Management (42mins).
- Here is a well put together video by Ku-ring-gai’s Alex Austin about Winter Care for native bees. It is worth viewing if you have bees in Sydney.
- Here is Gardening Australia’s Sophie showing in 6 minutes how to create solitary native bee habitat
Thank you to everyone who has come along to one of my native bee workshops – since 2016.